Although it is difficult to prove and almost impossible to calculate a precise figure, there is no denying that body language has an impact on how messages are received.
This is also true in brand expression.
Marketing communication has evolved from solely explicit verbal forms like advertising, direct marketing and PR, and towards something new and progressive. This new form of communication comes in an implicit from, representing brand ‘body language’ – the non-verbal factors a brand does to demonstrate its marketing messages.
Firstly – how are you selling your product or service? Research into different marketing channels has found:
- Offline – Expensively produced advertising in offline media drives trust as consumers take that only successful and credible businesses can afford to do this kind of marketing.
- Sales – If your business is always having a ‘sale’, you emit the idea that you are failing to shift your products. This impacts your brand’s reputation and can defer customers and visitors.
- Product Driven – Brands with genuinely strong products tend to turn to product demonstration, with the product sitting at the heart of their marketing messages. They may focus on large aesthetic work that shows their product for exactly what it is.
- Brand Driven – Businesses with inferior products will focus primarily on brand advertising to associate their brand with an emotion or attitude and relate to their target audiences.
It is therefore not surprising that these – admittedly generalisations – of the marketing industry influence consumer perception at some level. Although this impact may be only subconsciously, brand body language in marketing forms certainly shapes brand perception.
Developing your brand’s body language
EDGE Creative can alter your brand body language in order to portray an accurate and effective representation of your business:
- Audit – We will assess your branding history, looking into what key platforms you use to portray your business with large emphasis into your explicit and implicit messaging.
- Impact – If you already have existing marketing strategies in place, we will evaluate the success of your campaigns to see what you can adapt and what non-verbal language you can make use of.
- Action – Depending on what our audit and analysis of your company has shown, we will begin to action your strategy, incorporating and developing your brand body language.
Find out more about how EDGE Creative can revolutionise your marketing and make an impact by emailing email@example.com or calling 0121 355 8092.